Yet... Yet...

If I list the rules I said I wouldn't break, we'd be here half the night. And I have to work early in the morning. She is everything I'm not supposed to want. Yet... Yet... For some reason, I'm doing all kinds of things I shouldn't do. I know better. I guess. I've thought a lot about rules lately. Rules are necessary. They are. They keep us in line and out of trouble. They keep us on the right side of right. Yet... Yet... Sometimes left is so much better. Sometimes we just need to step outside and enjoy the view from the other side. We know it's wrong. Or maybe it's just not right. Yet... Yet... We try. We try so very hard to resist. We hang out. We have a drink (or two). We talk. We keep our distance. Yet... Yet... Something draws us together. Until we can't resist. And we give in. Just a kiss. It's just a kiss. Slow and sweet. Yet... Yet... There's more. Even with all the rules broken, there's more. Yet... Yet... She leaves. Thankfully so. Maybe. Maybe not. Because rules are made to be broken. And I've broken plenty. Yet... Yet... I'd break them all again. And maybe again. Yes. Yes. I would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady