Rescue Me

I don't know why I never noticed before now. Maybe there is purpose behind this, I really don't know. According to iTunes, the song played that night. THAT night. And it hasn't played since. That seems odd. I used to play it all the time. I'm sure I have since that night more than a year ago. I'm sure of it, but iTunes doesn't lie.

If there was a song for that night, this was it. Other songs remind me of her more, remind me of us more, remind me of that night more, remind me of the days that followed more. "Rescue Me". I didn't know I needed rescuing until her. I didn't know God or Faith or Grace until her. Through her (and through God) I learned everything and I found myself saved. Not saved in the Christian sense. In the sanity sense. In the Faith sense. In the Grace sense. In the Hope sense.

"What do you do when the path leads nowhere?
When you need someone to be there
Now you're afraid of what's gonna come
And now there's nowhere to run
All of these things that you're feeling deep down
Then you realize that you're calling out loud
I love Thee
Rescue me
Shine your light lead me home
Lord, all I need is your love"

She doesn't know all this. She knows I love her. She knows I can read her mind and that she can read mine. That's where it ends for her and where it begins for me. She isn't my great love; she holds a part of my soul. She is how I Know. "Shine your light lead me home...". Yes, I know the way. It's just down the path. Home. She is Home. The first song we ever danced to? "Home". God speaks. I listen. And I follow. She and God rescued me. From what I'm not sure. Myself? Another measure of eternity alone?

She is so unlikely that it seems impossible. Yet I know. She is where I came from and where I am going. She is what has always been and what will be. She is the full circle. My Rescue. My Sanity. My Faith. My Grace. My Hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady