Okay

She asked me if I was okay last night. Yeah, I'm okay. What was I supposed to say? The truth? That no, I'm not okay. That I miss her horribly? That this is killing me? That my demons won't let me rest? That I haven't eaten in days? No, not appropriate. She can't think I'm that weak, so I tell her I'm strong. And I am stronger this time. Outwardly. Inside, it's the same story. And you have to remember, this is far from my first rodeo. I know how it goes - they like me, they really, really like me, then they leave me. And all my friends say it's about them. And all my demons say it's about me. I fucked up another one. So, here I am in familiar territory again. Alone and missing someone I'm not supposed to miss. So, no... I'm not okay. Not yet. But I will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady