The Magic Eight Ball

So, I added this gadget to my Google homepage. It's a Magic 8 Ball. Back when I was an HR Manager, I had an Obi Wan Kenobi Magic 8 ball. I don't think my store manager realized that I ran most of my big decisions past Obi Wan. He and his 'Star Wars' wisdom guided me. When I stepped down, someone else packed up my office and my trusty Obi Wan disappeared. I miss him to this day. That's why when I saw that Google had a Magic 8 Ball gadget, I added it immediately. I often need guidance and truthfully I've been a little lost since Obi Wan went away.

I'm not so certain about my virtual Magic 8 Ball. It's favorite answer is "uncertain, ask again later". Are you kidding? How can it not know? It's only purpose is to KNOW. Obi Wan always had an answer; I never had to get back to him later. For example, I just went back to my Google page (just to try to prove or disprove my point) and asked, "Will the Saints win tonight?" Magic's answer? You guessed it, "Uncertain, ask again later". When? After the game? To further prove that it's full of shit, I asked it a question I know the answer to (well at least I think I know the answer). Magic's answer? "NO", the exact opposite of the real answer. At least, it gave an answer that time. I'm not sure if a wrong answer is better than no answer. I'll have to think about that.

I think I need a real Magic 8 Ball. This virtual stuff isn't proving to be very reliable. I wonder if they still make them. I suppose I could slide over to my Google homepage and do a search. One moment please... Yes! They still sell them. I can get one from Toys R Us.com for $9.99 from Amazon.com for $6.99!!! I may have to get one (or add it to my Christmas list... If I celebrated Christmas, I mean). Here's a neat little tidbit about the Magic 8 Ball - it was invented in 1946 and is manufactured by Mattel. There are 20 standard answers, 10 are positive, 5 are negative, and 5 are neutral. They say, according to some probability theory that it takes roughly 72 questions to get all twenty answers. Given this fact, my virtual Magic 8 Ball is a little off (all facts courtesy of the Wikipedia).

Yep, I think I need a Magic 8 Ball. Several years ago, I wrote a blog about wanting a Bobble Head Jesus. I never got one. And I know this is going to sound weird, but I still kind of want one (it's as crazy today as it was all those years back... I still can't explain it). I don't want to be here two years from now, continuing to use the fucked up virtual 8 Ball and wishing I had a real one. Maybe I'll order one. $7.00? I spend more than that on lunch (when I'm not broke) and God knows I need advice on occasion. Who can you trust, if you can't trust the Magic 8 Ball?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady