Hell on the Heart

"Yeah she's heaven on the eyes
But boy she's hell on the heart..."

~from "Hell on the Heart" by Eric Church


I've grown tired of women. I've been officially a lesbian for roughly a dozen years and I'm done. I can't take it anymore. Women suck. I don't want to like them or love them anymore. I don't want to believe a word they say. I don't want to feel the softness of their skin or taste the gentleness of their kiss. I don't want to be tortured by the scent of their perfume or by the look in their eyes. I don't want them to choose someone other than me. And I most certainly do not want to watch them walk away. I've done too much of all that. I'm tired and frustrated and wildly out-of-sorts.

What I want is for them to leave me alone until they know what they want. Trust me, women don't have a fucking clue. They think they do and that's their problem. They think they have their baggage under control; they can do this. They want this... They want that... They're ready. Uh no... They aren't. Not even close. They have issues - they're insecure, afraid of abandonment, afraid of attachment, afraid of failure, afraid of success, afraid of love, afraid of loss, afraid of happiness, afraid of sadness, blah, blah, blah. None of it's any good and I'm sick of dealing with it all.

So, that said, I'm done. Me and my heart can't take another false start. So, I'm going to keep my distance, far from the scent of her perfume (because that kills me every time) and the touch of her hand. At least until I'm sure she's ready. I can't give up entirely. I love women too much. All I'm asking for is one - One who is secure enough in herself to know what she wants and brave enough to pursue it. The rest just need to stay the Hell away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady