Quibbling: Otherwise Known as 'Still Not Going To'

I'm a liar. In a way. She texted. She did. First. I swear I had nothing to do with it. It was a simple 'hello' to which I replied the same. Then... nothing. OK, in my last blog I said I didn't want an hour long texting conversation. I'd be cool with 'Hey, how you doing?'. Notice to readers - I wasn't cool with just the one text. Have I texted her again 'unsolicited'? No. I'm holding on pretty well. That I'm texting a beautiful, wonderful, amazing friend has everything to do with my willpower. She is occupying my mind (and my heart) instead of the other. I'm in a good place at the moment, though I will admit I was ecstatic about that one text, so ecstatic I'd really like more. Argh... I'm such a liar.

I guess the original purpose of the Text Message was a 'one and out', kind of like the pager. I'm fairly certain no one thought we'd use it for carrying on hours long conversations. So she chose to use text messaging for its intended purpose. Who am I to quibble? Fuck it. I'm quibbling. Who just says 'hey' and doesn't text back? Seriously. OK, I know at least one answer to that (but I'm not naming names), so shut up. It's frustrating to say the least. I'm a texter, a huge texter. For the most part, I'd rather text than talk on the phone. I carry on full conversations via text all day long. In fact, I haven't spoke to my Best Soul Friend in more than six months. We text. Exclusively. I can't say it's always the best way, but it's the preferred way.

But fuck, now I know she's out there. With her phone. Before her text, I could kid myself that maybe she lost it, didn't have it, or was simply too busy to communicate. And yet 'hey', 'hey' was good enough? For whom is that good enough? Yes, yes... Apparently it's good enough for her. I need to choose my women better (that probably goes without saying). And not that she's 'my women', but you get my point. I need to pursue (not exactly the best word choice) women who like to communicate. Certainly there has to be someone out there as vocally verbal as me, right? Someone who says what she feels and, above all, isn't afraid to feel it? Oh, and she had better be able to text quickly.

Christ on a pogo stick, I think I just upped the ante too far. I want someone smart, pretty, fun, and verbal? Add to that spiritual, physically active, and fearless? Ain't gonna happen. Not in this lifetime. No, Ma'am. Well, fuck... I don't 'want her' want her. I just want her... mostly to want me. I know that's bad, but at least it's honest. And I certainly want more than one damn text message. Flirt with me a little. Let me flirt back. Geez. It's fun. Trust me.

I should probably be thankful for what I got. I mean most of the night I was stressed and wondering. Then I got my text. She thought of me. Just not enough to chat a moment. Which really sucks because I wanted to chat with her. Sure I've been chatting the night away with another. Not flirting, just chatting. Now if that one flirted, the other wouldn't have a chance in Hell. Ooh, was that out loud? I need to stop before I say too much. Being vocally verbal does have it's downside. And being drunk certainly doesn't help things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady