Practically Fearless

There's a part of me that would love to walk in, say hello, and kiss her. No asking and thus no chance for her to say no. Of course, we're talking about the ardently fearless part of me, the part that is apparently far more philosophical (and theological) than practical. But, man, if I could... If I could... I know it would change so many things. For the better, I mean. Definitely for the better. Yeesh. Think positively.

In my day dreams, she opens the door and I step inside, like I have many times before in 'real life'. However, instead of the usual hug, I change things up. She pulls me close, but I pull her closer and meet her lips with mine. Soft, slow, searching, yet with an unexpected depth. She leans into me as my tongue touches hers, then hesitates slightly for the briefest of moments before melting into me. She doesn't pull away. Ever again.

Ok, so the 'ever again' is part of the fantasy. I'm good, but not that good. I know the power of a kiss, but I've never quite changed a life with one. Now, if I could just bring myself to actually do it. What's the worst that happens? She shoves me out the door and out of her life forever? Yeah, that's pretty bad. And exactly what I expect. Maybe all I need is some additional positive thinking. Thoughts do occasionally become things. Though not usually when I unexpectedly kiss pretty girls.

Hmm... As I think about it, I've never unexpectedly kissed a pretty girl. Good point, Stacee. What am I saying? 'Good point'? Not hardly. Just because I've never done it unsuccessfully doesn't mean I'd be successful with this particular pretty girl. Christ on a tightrope. I don't like my odds.

This life is tough. No guts, no glory, and thus no kissing pretty girls. Why can't I just be fearless? Because... Because... Because... Oy. I don't like 'because'. Think positively, Stacee. Come on! One of these days I'm going to be fearless when it comes to pretty girls (and yoga). I promise I am. Of course, it might be in my next life, but one way or another I'm going to get there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady