Dreaming a Dream

The past couple nights, I've been having weird dreams and remembering them. It's the remembering them part that gets me. I've always been one of those people who dreamed but could never really remember the dream long after waking. For most of my life, the people in my dreams were faceless (thank you but no comment please, Dr. Freud) and I can honestly count on one hand the number of dreams I actually remember. There was the one when I was six or seven in which I was a fighter jet pilot who got sucked out of her cockpit by a UFO. There was the one about ten or fifteen years ago in which I dreamed that I was with a woman who looked A LOT like Jodie Foster. The dream was so real that when I woke up I instinctively reached next to me and was shocked to find out that I was sleeping alone. Lastly, there was the one in which I chased a woman who looked like one of my Hot Friends around a city with tall skyscrapers trying to get a kiss from her. I woke just at the wrong moment and willed myself to fall back and back into the dream. I did and managed to kiss her.

And that brings us to this week. I've had three this week that are wedged into my memory.

* On Monday night I dreamed that I was attempting to feed alley-oop passes to Blake Griffin, the really tall kid who plays for the Los Angeles Clippers. In my dream, I could never throw the ball high enough for him to dunk it. I repeatedly threw the ball so low it barely came off the ground. I have attributed this dream to my late night Sports Center habit. I'm pretty sure they showed a highlight or two of Blake dunking or may have mention him in conjunction with the upcoming NBA Slam Dunk Contest. Incidentally, because of that 'vision' and because I need a sport to follow after football season ends, I decided to become a LA Clippers and Blake Griffin fan. Blake is an exciting young player and I think he'll be fun to follow over the years. Plus the Clippers suck and probably could use a fan. God works in mysterious ways, kids.

* Wednesday night I dreamed that I was being threatened by a 'Middle Eastern' terrorist while I was on some base in the 'Middle East' (Hey, it's what it looked like to me. Notice I didn't say Islamic terrorist). Here's how it went - Someone told me that 'they' were out to kill me. I had to travel from one place to another with a bunch of people who knowing I was in danger attempted to hide me. I'm not sure how or when all that fell apart because I 'woke up' in the dream in some sort of tent near what looked like a school all by myself but with a hand gun. A teenage boy terrorist came and I shot him with my gun...that was apparently loaded with blanks. I did scare the kid off but I assumed he was going to get reinforcements. I tried to run away. I could have run away, but I decided to go back and put my shoes and socks on. How I ended up barefoot and alone in this tent-like structure is beyond me. So anyway, as I was putting my socks on, the main terrorist guy came in a threatened me. He showed me a large caliber gold bullet with a curved tip (Sort of like a candelabra light bulb.Yes, you might work home improvement retail if...). He shot at me and hit me in the leg. As he was going to shoot again and I assume kill me, I woke up.

* Last night I dreamed that I witnessed a train derailment. I was at a house in a small town. There were hills and trees and it was a very quiet place. We got word that a train was coming and in danger of derailing. I took the three dogs that were in the house with me and ran a distance away to watch. I heard the train coming but didn't see it at first. At that moment it rolled off the tracks. When the dust settled, I went back to the house and found that one freight car (yellowish gold in color) had landed on what was probably the front yard. It took out a small section of the roof, but no one was hurt and we were all happy about the minimal damage.

As I normally do in such situations, I consulted my trusty dream analysis website (www.dreammoods.com) for help and explanation. Here is what I found out -

* To see a basketball in my dreams indicates that I need to make the first move and that I need to focus on my goals. Playing basketball, which I was kind of doing but not very well, means that I have a need for teamwork to accomplish some common goal. This may be work-related. However, as much as I love my job, I really don't want to dream about it. Nerd.

* To be barefoot in a dream can either mean that I'm playful and carefree or that my self-confidence is low and that I am unprepared for what lies ahead. I'd like to believe it's the former, but I fear that since I was being shot at, it's the latter. Life is good right now, so I don't want to even imagine that something ominous 'lies ahead' of me. Thanks for the warning, God.

* To see socks in a dream may mean that I give in to others wishes. Or it can be a pun for 'hitting' on or being hit on (ie. sock 'em). It may also mean that I need to be careful and stick to my guns, so to speak.

* To see a bullet in a dream indicates a need to watch what you say and do because things could easily get misinterpreted. To dream of being hit by a bullet means that I need to persevere through some difficult situation. Again with the ominous what lies ahead. I'm starting to get worried now.

* To dream of being shot indicates that I may be practicing some kind of self-punishment for something I've done that I'm ashamed of. Alternatively, to dream that someone is shooting at me may mean that I'm dealing some sort of confrontation in waking life. To shoot a gun loaded with blanks indicates feelings of powerlessness. Let me get this straight - I've got some bad news coming and it may be related to a confrontation, but I'm going to be powerless to do anything about it. Awesome.

I'm not sure how it all really fits together, but I'm not overjoyed about the analysis. Life is going so well for me and I don't want anything negative to ruin my reverie. Yes, I know that God works in mysterious ways and that sometimes it takes a bad thing to make a good thing. That's the definition of 'grace'. Blah, blah, blah. I'm just not up for all that right now. I'm perfectly content to ride the wave I'm on. It may be boring on occasion, but at least it's more or less stress-free. Of course, maybe it was all just a dream and doesn't mean a damn thing in my waking life. I think I'll go with that. It sure makes me feel better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady