Ten Rules to Live By

There are many 'rules' that we should all live by. I'm not talking about 'The Ten Commandments' or 'The Bill of Rights'. Of course, you won't find me arguing with God or our Founding Fathers. I'm cool with 'Thou Shalt Not Kill' and 'the right to bear arms'. And goodness knows, I'm awesome with the freedom of speech. In contrast, my rules are a tad bit more... practical and up-to-date. So, without further ado... Stacee's Ten Rules to Live By...

1) If you start the day wearing a hat, plan to finish the day wearing a hat. Unless you shower. Which serves as a reset button for your hair.

2) If you have something to hide, hide it well. I guarantee you someone will ferret it out. Especially if you leave your life (ie. your phone and computer) un-password protected.

3) If you were a dork in highschool, remember that you will always be a dork in high school. In other words, you can't change the past. It might, however, be prudent to re-read #2 above.

4) When cruising through an 'easy' ten miler, never, ever, ever speed up for Miles 7 and 8. Unless you want to suffer through the final two.

5) When you consider posting a social networking status update telling the 'world' that you have a date for a wedding with 'one of the prettiest of the pretty girls', re-consider. Unless you want several other 'prettiest of the pretty girls' to text and ask why they didn't know anything about said wedding.

6) Think positively. Most things happen to bring something even better your way.

7)  Treat people as people. Even the one's you don't like.

8) When drinking margaritas made with Everclear, always stop at two. Unless your cell phone is dead, hidden where you can't find it, or you've forgotten the password.

9)  Nine times out of ten, honesty is the best policy. They'll find out anyway (reference #2 above) and it will hurt far more than the truth ever could have.

10) Every opportunity has a shelf life. This can work either for or against you. Knowing the difference is absolutely key.


I'm sure I have a few more rules, but these will have to suffice for tonight. I'm off tomorrow and I can't spend the entire night before a day off writing. I used to be a nerd like that, but not anymore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady