Skip the Salt and Lime

Let me just assure everyone - nothing compares to listening to the love of your life have sex with her new boyfriend. Sure, you can rationalize that it doesn't sound like she's having as good a time with him as she did with you, but reality is fucking reality. No matter how you frame it, it's gonna hurt like a bitch - a big, fat, vile, venom-spewing BITCH.

All that said, I don't hate her or anyone. Life is what it is, lessons get learned, and Grace appears. The Grace in the little scenario above? Getting cheated on, lied to, passed over, and/or hearing the truth will never hurt again. I gained an inordinate amount of perspective those nights I had to listen to her orgasms coming from the next room. I go back to that pain whenever I feel a chink in my armor coming on. I remember, feel it all again, and realize that what I'm going through now ain't nothing in comparison.

Therefore, I'm not as fragile as I look. I've endured and I will assuredly endure again. I can handle the truth. There's no reason to lie or sugar coat anything. Give it to me straight. Skip the salt and lime. I'm a big girl. Trust me, there has only been one love of my life and she already did what she did. Nothing anyone can do or say will ever hurt like that. Period. I've forgiven the ones I need to forgive, gotten on with my life, and found peace. No one can take that from me unless I let them. And I'm not going to let them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady