My Person

"This is life. Bad things happen. You find your people,
you find your person, and you lean on them."

~ Meredith, 'Gray's Anatomy'
 
 
"...You're still my person, even if I'm not yours."
 
~ Meredith, 'Gray's Anatomy'
 
 
"So, we pick and choose
who we want to remain close to
and once we've chosen those people,
we tend to stick close by.
No matter how much we hurt them.
The people who are still with you
at the end of the day,
those are the ones worth keeping.
 
And sure sometimes close can be too close.
But sometimes that invasion of personal space,
it can be exactly what you needed."
~ Meredith, 'Gray's Anatomy'
 
 
"You are my person. You will always be my person."
 
~ Cristina, 'Gray's Anatomy'
 
 
I had a person. I did. We agreed a short time into our relationship. She was mine. I was hers. For the first time in as long as I could remember, I had a person.
 
A person is more than a best friend, closer than family. She is your go-to. Your first phone call. Your high-five. Your shoulder to cry on. She is the one who will be there when no one else is. She might be your lover, your partner, or a good friend. Regardless, she is the one you want above all others. She celebrates your success and makes all the hurt go away. She's not afraid to talk tough and not afraid to tell you the truth. She is your divining rod, your solid ground, your True North, your compass. She is the ruby red slippers that never fail to bring you home. Because any way you add it up, she is home.
 
She was my person. She still is my person. I'm not longer hers. By her choice. Certainly not by mine. Too much water under the bridge maybe. I don't really know. I hurt her and she hurt me. That much I do know. I'm still here. She's my person. I made a promise. I vowed to always stand by, to weather any storm, and I always fulfill my promises. Especially to her.

She may not work like me. Or maybe I hurt her too badly. So badly she can't keep her promise. These things I can only ponder.
 
I know one thing and one thing only. She is my person. She will always be my person.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady