My 99%

I believe that 99% of people do the best they can 99% of the time. Each and everyone of us faces a unique challenge. And I think nearly all of us try our best. We don't purposely want to fail, hurt people, or make the wrong decision. Try as we might, our best sometimes sucks. I know mine does. Everyone's does. We can't help it. We are human. We're going to make mistakes, fuck up. That's ok. As long as we're doing the best we can do in a given situation.

Some may argue, but I stand fast in my belief. People are generally good, about 99% of them at any rate. At least the people I run into. This allows me to see the good in everyone. Assuredly I have to look harder at some, but in most the good is pretty evident. I respect people who struggle and cry and screw up and rage against it. I respect people who are slow as molasses, but you know damn well they are moving as fast as they can. I respect vindictive assholes because they aren't really assholes; they are just dealing with the hand they've been dealt the best way they can.

I'm no different. I'm far from perfect. But I will tell you this. I always do the best I can. 99% of the time. So if I screw up, fuck up, say the wrong thing, write the wrong thing, struggle, cry, or rage against it, remember that I'm doing the best I can do. I promise you that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

And I Persist