Ridiculous Maybe

I laughed yesteday. For the first time in ages, maybe a month or more, I laughed. Not a hollow-fake-it-til-you-make-it laugh. Not a giggle, but an out and out out loud laugh. LOL at it's best. This morning the same thought crossed my mind and I giggled. And I smiled. A couple times today I thought the same thought and saw the same thing in my mind's eye. I laughed again. After than I knew what I had to do.

So, tonight I came home from working all day with friends and I turned on my computer. I logged into Facebook and I put a friend's name into the search bar. When her page came up, I remembered that yesterday was her birthday. Dammit. I had to scroll through a zillion and one birthday posts to find it. But I did. And I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed some more. I hit "Share" and wrote a post. I pulled up my profile and saw my post and I laughed and I laughed and I laughed some more.

I laughed so much that I got out my phone, clicked on my Facebook app, searched for my friend again, scrolled through the birthday posts, and found it again. This time instead of "share" I clicked "save" and saved it to the camera roll on my phone. Now, I could laugh anytime I wanted to. To make it even better, I found it in my camera roll, selected it, and made it my lock screen wallpaper.

Wait for it. Let me do it. I turned on my phone and there it is. Guess what? I laughed again.

What have I been laughing at for two days? It's stupid really and you have to truly know me to get it. Ok, so there's this black hairless cat sitting on a bed kind of human like. And he's got a this pretty big gold cross hanging around his neck. Photoshopped in are the words "Take this thing off of me. It burns." Ridiculous maybe, but just the right kind of blasphemous to me. And apparently absolutely hilarious.

I do love to laugh, even if I haven't done much of it recently. Clearly, regardless of my mood, I do love to laugh at Christianity. Take me to the rock bottom and I'll belly laugh over some crazy Christians. Even if it's hairless cat and a gold cross. Ok, especially if it's a hairless cat and a gold cross.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

And I Persist