A Univese of Stars

"And I bless the day I met you
And I thank God that He let you
Lay beside me for a moment that lives on
And the good news is I'm better
For the time we spent together
And the bad news is you're gone"

~ "You're Gone" by Diamond Rio


God knows I don't believe in Him. And even this hasn't got me praying. Though I can't say I haven't thought about it. I've wondered, yet held fast in my disbelief. God had nothing to do with you. I didn't Believe when you came. I can't believe my lack of Belief made you go. Still... I find myself grasping at straws. 

I wonder if I prayed hard enough would you come back? I know deep in my soul, what happened happened. He had nothing to do with it. It is what is, as I am fond of saying. It doesn't mean I don't miss you and that I don't have regrets. If we counted all of them, we could fill a universe with stars.

I am better. Not better overall. Not yet. I will be. I know I will be. I've survived before. Still... I am better. Maybe better said, I will be better. Will be. You changed me. Changed how I see the world, how I see my future. For that I will be forever grateful. Eventually. I want things now I never wanted before.

I thought you were the path, but maybe you were just a stepping stone along the path. It's too soon to tell. The good news is that I'm better for the time we spend together. The bad new is you're gone.

Gone. To a place I'd never thought you'd go. I'm all about the blind curve, just not this one. The one that got us together, yes. This one... Not a chance.

"And the bad news is you're gone..."

Comments

  1. "A stepping stone along the path..."
    There it is...And yes, you're indeed an even better person because of the experience. It's what make this world what it is. Sometimes it's at our expense with pain, other times it's our gain. Above all, you are still Stacee Harris....full of love, light, perseverance, amazing character and grace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady