Unmistakably

I had a great time Saturday night. So great that I came home with what was left of a six pack of beer and a surprise. Most people probably would have cracked a beer and gone to check highlights on ESPN before going to bed. That thought never occurred to me. Not only do I hate the taste of beer, but I had to work on Sunday morning. I knew that if I was lucky and dozed off right away, I'd be able to get five and a half hours sleep. Oy, but the night was so worth the impending sleep deprivation.

So yeah... The beer was headed for the fridge, no question. For some reason, I set the half-empty container on the counter and looked down in the seemingly empty holes. Hmm... What's this? I pulled out a small, red bottle of perfume. Very Sexy. That's what it was called. And that's what it was, what she was. She must have put it in there for safe keeping, not sure how I found it. I looked at the bottle and held it to my nose to smell the scent. Yes. Light, sweet, and unmistakably her. The way she smelled when I held her close to me. The scent I tasted when I kissed her neck. I stood there in the dark and closed my eyes. I sniffed again. Ahh... As if she was right there with me. I opened my eyes and put the bottle down and backed away ever so slightly. I picked it back up and hesitated. I didn't want to leave it in the kitchen. I didn't want to share it with anyone; not that my roommate would care one way or the other. But still, it was her and I wanted her all to myself. I took one more sniff as I climbed the stairs to my room, then I set the small, red bottle on my dresser and got ready for bed. I may have taken one last whiff, but I'm either not sure or not willing to say.

I woke up after far too little sleep and hastily dressed for work. I gathered my usual things from the dresser - two rings, black sports watch, Blistick, and car keys. Then I picked up the small, red bottle and breathed in the scent. Yes. Light, sweet, and unmistakably her. I smiled. Last night. That scent. The scent of her. I sat down on the bed a moment. I shook the memories off, then did what I knew I'd do from the instant I found the small, red bottle in among the beer last night.

Now some may say I'm crazy. Others may say I'm obsessed. And still others may say I'm sweet. But I sprayed a little of that scent on my arm and a little more on my shirt. This way she would be with me all day. Well, at least the scent of her. And she was. At random times throughout the day, I'd move this way or that way and suddenly I'd catch her scent around me. And truth be told, I purposely breathed in my shirt once. OK, maybe twice.

Two days later that small, red bottle is still on my dresser. I haven't sprayed myself with it again. Yet. I have picked it up, though, at various times and taken a quick sniff, just to catch the scent of her. I'm not sure when she'll come to get it. In the meantime, I've got a ready fix and way to have her close to me, even when she's not. Very Sexy. Yes. Light, sweet, and unmistakably her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady