It's...

It's in my head. It's imagination and memory. It's her. It's me. It's a feeling I can't wait to feel again. It's skin against mine and arms around me. It's a subtle kiss that becomes more intense. It's being. It's knowing. It's breathing in a moment, the only moment that matters. Right then. Right there. When nothing exists except the space between us. It's living. It's desire. It's a minute that may transcend the moment. Or not. It's a whispered thank you she'll never hear. It's now. Not later. It's softness and warmth, comfort and contentment. It's being neither lost, nor found. It's fingers laced and legs intertwined. It's a scent, a dream, a memory. It's this. Not that. It's a sweet ache and a tender smile. It's my eyes closed and my eyes open. It's a crowded room and the silence in my soul. It's what it is and not what it's not. It's here, now. In my head. And in the beating of my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady