NO, NEVER, NOT, BOTH OF YOU, WOULD, WRONG, KNOWINGLY, WHO

There aren't many things that require a third wheel. A tricycle? Yes. A 'date'? Yeah, I'm gonna go with NO. If there's one thing I NEVER want to do again in my life, it's be the unsuspecting third wheel. Really? Friendship only goes so far. I'd like it on the record that I don't need to be invited. Just leave me out. Tell me 'no'. Tell me 'another night'. Tell me 'I want to fuck her brains out'. Tell me something, anything that will help me avoid the awkward I've-gotta-get-outa-here moment when I suddenly realize that I'm not exactly needed (or wanted) at the moment. 'Scram money' certainly helps, but it is far from necessary. Here's a clue - just don't invite me in the first place. Or..... Un-invite me. I'm a big girl. I assure you - this is NOT my first Rodeo. I can, and will, deal with reality. Oh, and trust me, it's easier before the fact than during the fact. Please, please (please) save me from that 'ah-ha' moment when I've caught BOTH OF YOU catch yourself before revealing the truth about whatever it is you rationalize you're doing.

Jealous? Yes. Sort of. But not in the way anyone who knows the situation might assume. I'm jealous of making someone else feel like they're the third wheel. Let me just say, it's been an age. I know. I know. I don't date. I don't want to date. I don't commit. And I, above fucking all, don't want to commit. Well, I do. Shit. I do. I suppose. In theory. And halfway in reality. It's just that..... Yeah, all that. It makes me not wanna. So yes, I do and I fucking don't. But the key in this whole deal is that I WOULD. Probably. For the right person. It's just that everyone who comes close runs the risk of being the WRONG person. I can't help that. Grow a set and cowgirl up. We'll just have to see.

In the meantime, I'm over being the third wheel. I do suppose it's karma. Once upon a time, not so long ago, I stole someone's girlfriend. It didn't work out too well for either of us in the end. Or maybe it did. Still, I was inappropriate in a situation when I was KNOWINGLY the third wheel. Of course, she was supposedly asleep. Yet I.... Well, yes... I.... And we'll just leave it at that. Tonight I refused the same path, though I think  maybe, just maybe, I could have taken it. However, karma being what it is and me knowing what I want (and dare I say - WHO I want), I hesitated. And rightly so. Hesitation, and perhaps the fear of karma's backlash, kept me on the right side of wrong. I've turned over a new leaf and I'm trying ever so fervently to be a good person.

But really.... She could have told me. Before, I mean, rather than during. During is far too late. What am I left with then? A bullshit and awkward exit strategy? Yep. That was me tonight - backing the fuck out before I said or did something I'd end up regretting. Let's just call it progress, shall we? I see it that way and I'm allowed. But still I wonder - When am I going to outgrow this 'third wheel' thing? Oh..... When I commit to an actual real girlfriend?  Yeah...... Mother-fucker. I'm not so sure about all that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady