Falling Into the Fire

'I am tired of this fire...'
    
       ~ from 'Reasons Why' by Saving Jane


I'm craving silence, a deep and abiding silence that only I have the power to break. I need out, out of everything - the 'orange box', the sandbox. I want to slip my earthly bonds and nestle into the desolation of my training, my writing, and me. I can live simply and silently;  I don't require much. Spirit, yes. Bullshit, no.

I suppose I'm tired. It's been awhile since I've gotten away. I enjoy my training because occasionally I escape, though more and more the thunder and lightening of every day life creep in. I want the silence of music blasting out of my headphones and the feel of the road beneath my feet. Sometimes I think if I could just keep running indefinitely, I'd eventually find true silence. Maybe I'm right. Maybe I'm not. I'd like to find out though. I pretty sure the risk would be worth it. I mean, what if?

What if I found silence? It would go nicely with the peace I already have and make it a lot easier. Peace for me is all that matters. I can have it anytime, anywhere, and with anyone. It's just that sometimes I need simple, easy even, and silence is the key. In a moment, I will go for a run. Maybe I'll find silence and peace. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't.


'Some say I'm running, but I know I'm falling back to You'.


       ~ from 'Some Say I'm Running' by Martina McBride

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady