I Am Stacee

'What's left of me is more than I started with.'

~ from a social networking status post by Stacee Harris


I've taken my share of beatings. Some were at the hands of others, but surprisingly some I've given myself. I've broken up and broken down. I've been left and done the leaving. I've stayed when I should have left; left when I should have stayed. I've fucked up royal and been fucked up royal. I've had my share of 'randoms' and been the 'random' one. I've forgotten names of people who won't forget me and been forgotten by people I will remember forever. I've been left for dead and been left feeling happy to be alive. I've been stripped naked and done the stripping. I've been nothing more often than something, but in the end I always come out feeling like I'm everything. Eventually.

Because of all that, there are things I know. I can't trade any of it. I regret nothing. Not how I treated myself or how others treated me. I am me because of who I was then. Today, I am stronger, faster, and more enduring. I stand in my truth and for what I believe in. I am defiant, but seldom disrespectful. I fight, but I've been known to give up when giving up is the best and most sane choice. I am quiet, discerning, and patient. I am true and loyal, to myself first and to others second. Above all, I understand who I am and what it takes to be me.

I am Stacee, firmly grounded within my spirit and my being, unshakable in my faith, and at peace. What's left of me is truly more than I started with. I am the best I've ever been. So to all those who 'probably shouldn't have been' and to those I really wanted but who never were, thank you. I am who I am because of you. Without you, this wonderful, beautiful Grace would not be. I would not be. For that, I will be forever grateful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady