Why Fuck-Nuts Get the Girl

I believe that there comes a point in everyone's life when they want to scream loudly and incredulously, "YOU CHOSE HER?!?!?!" Well, if not 'in everyone's life', there sure came a point in mine. And I guess, if I'm being honest (and why the Hell not be?), there came several points. It's pretty much a statement or a rhetorical question. Partly because I am certain they know they have no satisfactory answer and fear a future 'I told you so', but mostly because I've never actually shouted it within hearing distance of the choosing party.

I've waited and I've watched more times than I care to count. The ones they choose are either complete morons, insane, or just plain bitchy. Pardon my conceit, but none (and I repeat NONE) could hold a candle to me if someone else held it for them. And at the time of the choosing, it was just me and them standing there. It's kind of like picking teams for kick ball in elementary school. Someone is invariably picked last, or not picked at all. That's been me. When it happens, there's nothing much you can do about it except shrug, walk away, and scream (in your head) loudly and incredulously, "YOU CHOSE HER!?!?!" Once reality settles in, you chuckle. I promise you do. This is because you know (you KNOW) that wrong decisions always turn out wrong in the end. And this decision was WRONG on a zillion levels you really don't want to waste your time listing. You will sleep soundly knowing that the last laugh (also in your head) will be yours and far sooner than later. And it always is. Trust me. I know from vast experience.

Of course, this doesn't mean that they finally come to their senses and choose you the next time. No, once again they choose someone far beneath you. And far beneath them. I've thought a lot about this. I like to know. I like to analyze. And above all, I like to rationalize. The question is 'why?' Why would these great girls choose a total fuck-nut over someone who is seemingly their equal? Lack of self-confidence? Fear of finding something real? I mean think about it - they have to know they are choosing a moron. It's obvious. And they can't for a second believe that it's going to work for very long. They know how it's going to end. They'll get tired of hanging out with a moron and break up. They won't fall in love for real and won't get hurt. No new tattoo. No Break-Up Diet. Ah, but go the other way? Choose your equal? That could mean love, true love. But what if you fuck up? What if you fail? What if it doesn't work? Heart break. Total and utter heart break.

And that's why the fuck-nuts end up with all the great girls. Truthfully, it could be none of that or all of that, but it sure sounds good to me. I'm tired of rye laughter and rationalizations. For once in my life, I'd like to get the girl, instead of the fuck nut getting the girl. By my math, it's about damn time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady