The Daily Miracle

I think it helps that I define miracles broadly. This means that I see a lot more than most people. I can wake up almost every day and thank God for the miracle He's going to send me that day and seldom, if ever, be disappointed (Remember it is so much better to affirm God's love and be thankful for what you want ahead of time. It puts out the right energy. And thoughts do become things. Shhh.... It's a secret). No matter how shitty the day may start or how shitty it may become it rolls on, I know that sooner or later, if I keep looking, I will see a miracle. Every day. Positive breeds positive. If you want a miracle, you will see one.

OK, I've never seen water become wine or a sea part. I'm not talking about miracles of that sort. Like I said, my definition of 'miracle' is quite broad. My miracles are often simple, quiet, and peaceful. They are seldom brightly lit or grandiose. And if I wasn't paying attention, I would probably miss them entirely. However, my focus is on miracles, so miracles I see. Today it was something unexpected from a pretty girl (actually x2, if I really think about it). Other days it can be an idea, sunshine, a smile, a wave, found time, a song, free food, really good rum, or not running out of gas. My miracles are basically stunning, unanticipated good fortune.

I want to make it clear that I am not lucky. I'm normal, if a bit unlucky. I never win anything that involves chance. Out of twenty lottery tickets, I'll win maybe $2 (which would definitely be considered a miracle). The only prize I ever won was a 'Big Mouth Billy Bass' at a company picnic years and years ago. I probably thought it was a miracle at the time. I mean I actually WON something. That has to be its own miracle. So, the presence of miracles in my life has nothing to do with me being lucky. I am simply open-minded and I see God's love in even the simplest things.

Maybe it brands me 'pathetic' because I call seemingly random text messages, Face Book comments, and interesting cloud formations 'miracles'. I argue this - Evidence of God's love is everywhere, if we choose to see it. Some may find faith with their eyes closed. I prefer to keep mine open. I want to see God and His miracles. And I do. Every day. That is why every morning as I wake up, I say, "Thank you, God, for this day and for the miracles You will bring to me." Invariably, I find a miracle, however small and simple. In my world, and in my faith, a miracle is a miracle. I do admit, it would be cool if just once God sent me a winning lottery ticket, but I'm sure He has His reasons for not. Dammit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady