Possession

Once upon a time I listened to Sarah McLachlan's 'Mirrorball' CD two and a half times back-to-back. It was nearly three hours of music and nearly lost on us. We were new, she and I. We started the CD then found ourselves in each other. The one song, the one lyric, I remember hearing...
 
'And I would be the one
To hold you down
Kiss you so hard
I’ll take your breath away'

I remember kissing her at that moment. Twice. Whether I planned it or not, I'm not sure. I was within her totally and completely and I think she was within me totally and completely. Then. That night. While Sarah played in the background.

We wouldn't last, she and I. But that moment. With Sarah. Will be with me forever. And if I have my guess, it will be with her as well.

~

That song, 'Possession', is my favorite of all of Sarah McLachlan's songs. I can't say I think of her every time I hear it. I have to admit that now after all these years it's only occasionally. The lyrics, though, still speak to me still, pull at me, and give me pause. They are my 'waking dream'.

'My body aches to breathe your breath

Your words keep me alive...'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady