Full of Priorities

I don't know if my life could be more full. That's not to say that I have everything I need. Eh, as I say that, I think I'm pretty close. Everyone needs more time, so I don't think that's an appropriate thing to list. Of course, it is the time factor that leads me to say that my life is full. I guess I should explain that by 'full' I mean jam-packed with little time to spare for much of anything.

My top priorities these days? 1. Work. 2. Faith. 3. Sleep. 4. Running. 5. Writing. 6. My dogs. 7. Proper hydration (to support my training). 8. Proper eating (to support my training). 9. Debt reduction. 10. Friends, including social networking. 11. Personal hygiene. 12. Shoulder rehab. 13. Pondering divinity school applications. Assuredly some things should rank higher than they do, 'shoulder rehab' for one and 'my dogs' for two, but as of right now, I'm doing the best I can.

So, see? There's isn't much room for much else. God help me if I had a girlfriend. Wow. She'd be like fourteen on my list. For a few minutes. Until she got tired of being behind my dogs and debt reduction and decided to jump off my list all together. Yeah, I think single is truly a smart move on my part at the moment. Funny, but I'm not sure when or if the 'right' moment will ever come along. That, of course, is a worry for another day. I simply don't have room on the list for 'finding a girlfriend' and/or 'keeping a girlfriend'. Too bad? I don't think so.

By the time I get to the end of the day, I'm tired. Exhausted, really. The great thing is that I seldom need help falling asleep. Usually it's everything I can do to stay awake until the sun goes down. And that includes nights when I'm stressed out. Even right now I'm struggling to stay awake and it's barely 8:00 on a Friday night.

Yes, I'm boring. Sadly, there's nothing I can do about that. I'm taken up with what I'm taken up with and have a very full, if boring, life. I like things as is, but I do what something different in the future. I don't want to be any less busy, just busy with different things. I'd love to be busier with matters of faith and spirit and to spend more time studying and writing. I guess that's why I'm looking at D-Schools. For now, though, I've got what I've got. And thankfully, I can sleep in tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady