A Short Exchange

A blank text message. And me being a smart-ass had to reply. "Thanks for the blank text ;)". I knew she didn't mean to send me a blank text. Or did she? Well, probably not. A waste of a text and the time it takes to hit reply and send.

"Whoops. Lmao" was her answer to my smart ass. I can always make her laugh, sometimes even her ass off. Apparently.

I wasn't done. "You want me to fill in the blank?" "Uh huh". Truthfully, she should have known better. Carte blanche to say anything? Yeah, nothing but trouble down that road.

"Yes, I'll marry you :)"

Deafening silence. Two minutes passed, then three. Uh, oops. Too much? Yes. Here I come to save the day.

"Wow. I thought you'd at least laugh. I thought it was pretty funny".

"I am". Ok, I guess she was too busy laughing to text back at first. "Whew...", I replied.

Still not satisfied and always requiring the smart ass last word (and maybe covering up a little because while I wanted it to be funny, I didn't want it to be THAT funny), I added, "Next time you ask baby don't do it in a text" (yes, with all that bad grammar).

I expected at least a "lol". I got silence. Ooh... Not good, not good at all. More silence.

The final game saving Hail Mary... "The answer would be the same though ;)"

I really need to start living my life in person, rather than via text message. It's like a modern technological derivitive of agoraphobia - we hide behind all the technology and never have to come out into the light of real interaction. I hate it, but I love it just as much. Sure is a lot safer. I'd probably have said all that in person, though. Of course it never would have happened in person, would it? Yeah, there's some good logic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady