Easy Cheesy and Grace...Eventually

Should I get it over with? I mean I want to know. I'm not sure I'm at 'need to know' yet, but we seem to be on a collision course. We'll get there. I'll get there. And once I need to know, I'll need to know. Need is never good in my world. Ever. Something in me says suggest it now, and as crass and unromantic as it may seem, 'get it over with'. Just do it. By 'it', I mean 'it' in all lower case. As opposed to 'It' which means something a little farther up the food chain than I'm inclined to go. At this point. So, yeah... Let's not make this thing any bigger than it is. For now.

Still, I'd like to know what it's like, just to see, just to know, just to... you know... have done it. I mean, we could and have nothing come of it ever. The classic 'One and Out'. On a certain level, I'm good with that. I'd have accomplished (wow, crappy word choice, Stace) exactly what I said I wanted to accomplish (there is it again). It's not like I hatched a plan eons ago with a checklist and a blueprint in the hopes of winning a ribbon or a trophy. Sure, I've thought about it for quite some time, but let's not turn it into it something twisted and Machiavellian.

Of course, we could do it and have it be BIG, bigger than us. What if it wasn't a 'One and Out'? What if it left us wanting more? What if it left me wanting more...and not her...or vice versa? I do know that anything is manageable. I've experienced it first hand several times over. It's just that getting from Point A to Point B can be sticky, icky, and occasionally awkward. It either gets better before it gets worse or worse before it gets better. It's simple enough in theory, complex enough in practice, and no matter what there's always Grace. Eventually.

Even with all the proposed consquences, I'm curious. Exceedingly so. Just do it? Throw caution to the wind? No guts, no glory? Jump on in there? Go for it? Rock it out? Seriously, no. I can't. I won't. I will not. There are certain things at risk, things I'm unwilling to risk. Thankfully, at this point, I'm more scared than curious. Remember, I'm a coward. If I wasn't, I'd be published already and I'd have kissed a lot more pretty girls. And really, it is JUST a kiss. I don't know what I'm so scared of. Maybe that once it's over, it's over? Ugh... Another consquence to add to the list.

In any case, I think I'll put it off awhile longer. All I have to do is think about something else. Like baseball or my sore shoulder or the pile of laundry overtaking my closet. Easy cheesy, I say. Easy cheesy. For now. Tomorrow might be a different story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady