A Week Closer

I wish it was a week ago. Or maybe a week from now. Yes, I would prefer a week from now. That way I wouldn't have to relive the borderline abysmal week that just passed. I'd be almost where I want to be. Maybe even on my way there. And I'd be one week closer to wherever it is I'm supposed to go next. As long as it's not here. I don't want to be one week closer to still being here. It's not that I hate it here; it's fine. But I want more than fine. I want home. My home - my desk and the ratty screens on my screened in porch; kisses from my dogs and friends just down the road. Yes, that's where I want to be. If only it was a week from now or maybe a month from now. Because a month from now I might be home for good. For good. I won't leave again. I will be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady