Top Ten For Her

I'm pretty sure she'd love it if I'd stop writing about her. It's just that early May was once hers and so it stays. One day I'll tell the whole story because it's actually pretty cool. Minus names, of course, minus names.


1. One day we couldn't stop kissing so we kissed for two hours leaning against her front door jam. I can't remember if we ever shut the door.

2. My favorite time of day was the first nine minutes...right after the alarm went off and she hit snooze.

3. I said 'I love you' on Day 3. At Naughty's Bar in Muskegon, Michigan. While wearing a lavender sweater.  Don't ask me how I remember this.

4. I slept with her on our first date (not sure if my mom even knows that).

5. She was known as '31' to my friends for months before I ever knew her name because of a t-shirt she used to wear to the gym. 31 is still my lucky number.

6. Thank God for the gullible gym worker who once upon a time showed me her membership card (after I said that we'd played softball together and I couldn't recall her name. Bullshit. I just wanted to know her name). Otherwise I wouldn't have known her last name and been able to look her up in the phone book after I wrote her phone number down wrong and almost missed our first date.

7. She is still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen and I remember with great clarity the first time I saw her.

8. I fell in love the moment she opened her front door. I can tell you exactly what she was wearing. And what I was wearing.

9. The first song she ever played for me was by John Mayer...'No Such Thing'. The second was 'Your Body Is A Wonderland'.

10. I never felt lucky until her...and I've felt lucky every day since.


Indirectly, I also write the occasional Top Ten List because of her. You see, she led me to where she was. And she loves my Top Ten lists. It's all linked. Everything. Without one, there wouldn't be the other. At least I don't think there would be. Incidentally, she now lives less than a mile from where she used to live. Yeah, I think it's pretty weird, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady