Contagious

She said I was contagious. Oddly enough that gives me hope. She of all people would know. I might rather be addictive, but I'll take what I can get. Contagious. Yes. In this case, it's a good thing. I'm going to assume she's right - right in her case and right in general. Meaning someone else may some day figure it out and find me infectious. Irresistible, even...and worth a paradigm shift.

I'm not talking about nor asking for a permanent change. 'Forever' isn't a concept I'm even remotely interested in. I'm willing to settle for something a little bit more momentary, like today, tomorrow, and maybe the next day. Who she becomes when we're done isn't my concern. Oh, we'll be done in short order, of this I'm certain. This isn't my first (or last) Rodeo so please don't mistake my realism for negativity. I know what it is and I'm fairly confident that nothing is intended to last as long as we are told to hope it will. So yes... A momentary change in her way of thinking would be plenty.

Truthfully, we're just discussing an arbitrary label. Gay? Straight? Lesbian? In the grander scheme, it doesn't matter one bit what she calls herself or what I call myself. Actions as usual speak louder than words. I just want her to find me 'contagious' enough to entertain the idea of me, of us. That the world will call us one thing or another doesn't concern me in the least. I know who I am and she is free to be whomever she wants to be. With or without society's rubber stamp.

It's just sticky and seems like such a big decision. 'If I do this, I'll be that'. Whatever. It's so much easier to never say never and just be. I think she's flexible enough to believe that. In time. If she wasn't, I probably wouldn't be hanging around hoping for it. In this case, 'contagious' could work in my favor. It's been said that I have a power over women, a power to make them think things they ordinarily wouldn't think. I guess that's 'contagious' in a nutshell.

Patience is key in situations like these. Paradigm shifts and the inevitable can't be rushed. They've gotta happen on their own in their own time. Push and contagious can easily become a thing of the past. This means that if I bide my time, enjoy the moments as they come, and just be, it'll all work out in the end. I just hope that end is sooner than later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady