The Three Weeks Away Top Ten

She will be in Central Texas three weeks from today. Because she loves these things, I'm going to see about a Top Ten list.


1. It's cool being the president of a club. Until you realize that you've been elected President of the Celibacy Club (Yep, I'm born-again in a sad way that says far too much about my life and those occasional mind-blowing droughts).

2. When you get to thinking that I'm you, you might want to get to remembering that I'm not.

3. Even though miserable people may look at you funny, there is nothing wrong with being happy.

4. The worst bar night of the year (otherwise known as 'the start of daylight savings') is invariably followed by more daylight which means more and longer Happy Hours on the patio.

5. When you realize that what's left of you is more than you started with, you'll know you've reached a whole new level of sanity.

6. It's amazing how quickly memories return when you sluff off twenty years of aspartame poisoning.

7. A little swagger is good for the soul, even if it knows that you're just faking it 'til you make it.

8. Mango. Something your body needs anyway. Tequila. Perhaps not so much.

9. You lost my phone number, wish you could talk to me, and know...oh...twenty people who would probably give you my number...? Must be the new math. Moral of that story? Dumb girls seldom get any smarter after you dump them.

10. Two days after giving up cussing for Lent, you'll invariably have a day worthy of a near constant string of expletives. Eff the effers who tried to eff with my effin happy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady