Potential

I remember where I was, where she was, where we were. The moment I knew. Knew what? That there was a possibility. That there was potential. Truthfully, I'd never noticed before. Four months of seeing her daily or almost daily and nothing. Then, something. That day. Right over there. I can see the spot from where I stand. That day she looked up and met my eyes and I recognized something I'd never seen before. Potential.

It was a short lived realization, or so I thought. A mere five or six hours later I learned she had a girlfriend. Once again my timing was impeccable. Well, shit... I remember thinking as it dawned on me that they were together. How in the Hell did I miss that? I must have been partially blind and mostly oblivious. In any case, there went that idea. Until I got a text message only moments after innocently exchanging numbers. She was interested on some level and I was apparently in the game. On some level. I'm certainly not about stealing someone's girlfriend (though I have been known to fuck them on occasion), but lesbian relationships can be fickle. I wanted to see where they were before I made my decision to stay and play or get out. I quickly determined that if I stayed close it would only be a matter of time. Their energy sucked and I could see a rocky road ahead. Sorry for your bad luck, girls.

Now a month later (has it already been a month or has it only been a month?), I'm seeing a different kind of potential. Our friendship was never as innocent as we wanted it to be.Temptation and attraction colored our every single moment we spent together. She and girlfriend broke up and I wasted barely a second before asking her out. Oh, she said yes. That was a little over a week ago.

At this point, I can thankfully give into temptation and attraction. I can look in her eyes, lay in her arms, and talk for hours. I can acknowledge potential and wonder what the future may bring. I want more, of this I am certain. More her, more us. More than anything I just want to be and see where it goes. No worries, no fears, just another day, a little potential, and the path in front of me, in front of us. If I actually dare say "us".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady