ADD and Boredom x Ten

I'm fighting the ADD tonight, so if you're expecting a clear train of thought you might want to stop right now. This is as good as it gets - ten little random statements made as I kill time trying to decide what to do with my night.

1. A year ago I was trying like hell to get over someone I'd never even been under. How stupid is that?

2. They say that hangover severity can be lessened by drinking light colored alcohol. That doesn't do much to explain my day long hangover on Monday. Unless we focus on the one shot of Jager (it was just one, right?) that I mixed in with all the light colored rum.

3. Pizza rolls are better if you let them sit for ten minutes after they come out of the oven.

4. Crickets sound really cool on a warm December night. As do wind chimes on a rainy morning.

5. Maybe if we had You Tube and MSNBC two thousand years ago, we'd actually know what Jesus said and be able to call bullshit on the train wreck that is modern Christianity.

6. Sometimes I enjoy being turned inside out spiritually more than I enjoy the sexual alternative.

7. I didn't stand much this year. I was too busy dealing with change and just keeping my sanity. Next year I'll stand more. I promise.

8. A week from Friday I have to start telling everyone that I'm forty-one. I'm not quite ready to be that old. All the more reason to give myself three months to prepare.

9. The taste of 7-Up reminds me of being sick as a kid.

10. ADD and boredom don't bring out the best in me. Sorry, but thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady