Until Last Night Apparently

So last night I had a sex dream about one of my straight friends. I've tried to spin it every which way, but there is simply no way to make it seem anywhere close to appropriate. No, I don't care how hot she is (and she is HOT!). And no, I don't care that it was just a dream. It's not right. I've always drawn very firm lines when it comes to my friends. I'm talking about 'Friends' Shelf' friends, not 'Rodeo' friends. There's a huge difference there. I'm allowed to have sex dreams (and actual sex, if the occasion arises) with Rodeo friends. Friends' Shelf friends are 192% off limits. No thoughts, no actions, no nothing. Not even dreams. I stay on my side of the line and they don't even know there's a line. It's simple math and it has worked perfectly for years. Until last night apparently.

The friend I dreamed about is definitely a Friends' Shelf friend. Always has been. I have never thought of her in any way besides friendship. She is beautiful, and I have stated on several occasions that she has the perfect body. However (HOWEVER), I have never, ever, ever, ever (EVER) thought of her in any kind of sexual fashion. We have gotten drunk together many, many, many times. I've stayed at her house many, many, many times. She is a close friend, very close. I think I'd even argue that she is one of my best friends. That's why she has always sat firmly high upon the Friends' Shelf. No harm, no foul, no side-ways glances, and absolutely no sexual thoughts. Until last night apparently.

Somehow, some way in my dream we ended up together. In a fairly sexual manner. I don't remember how or why or what led to us being 'there', just that we were and I (ok, 'we' if I'm honest) wanted to. Now, I want it on the record that we did not have official sex in my dream (it seems my subconscious has a conscious), but we came awful damn close. I seem to recall waking up in my dream saying, "That's {fill in the blank with her name}! Stacee, you CAN'T do this". Then the dream faded into something more appropriate, though right now I can't think of what happened next. All I know is that we came close, but we did not do IT. Whew.

She's beautiful and hot and I turned it off. Yeah, I know that is both wrong and right all at the same time. Sitting here thinking about her in this way (I am fully aware that I need to stop) for the second time, but first time consciously, I'm amazed that I never thought about her that way before. It's that damnable Friends' Shelf. Yes, it has served a very good purpose over the years and probably saved countless friendships with hot friends. However, I am kinda enjoying my current daydream. I know it's wrong and light-years from appropriate, but dayum.

Alright, time to knock it off and re-draw the lines. I can't go thinking of my hot friends that way. Back up on the Friends' Shelf you go. Find Tonya. She always has Vodka up there (wine is too messy she says). I'm sure she'll share with you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady