A Load of Pterodactyl Crap

I wasn't aware that Pterodactyls had been rescued from extinction until I washed my truck last weekend. Let me back up a bit. I washed my truck last weekend. I know I've now said that twice in two consecutive sentences. Let me back up a bit more. I hadn't washed my truck in a long time. In fact, I hadn't washed it since moving to Austin and that'd been almost ten months. Before that? Well, there's just no telling. Suffice it to say that I don't wash my truck very much. It's not that it's not dirty or that I'm lazy (OK, maybe I'm a little lazy), I simply never think about it. And much like any cleaning chore, I figure it's a waste of time. How long is it going to stay clean anyway? I can't park it in the garage and leave it. For some reason, last Sunday afternoon I decided to do it. I was just back from a road trip through the deep South and I taken on a lot of dead bugs. I probably could have washed my windshield and been done with it, but I had some free time and for once I was able to overcome my inherent laziness. I spent a good half hour working on it. I even cleaned the inside. I finally got rid of the mud on the inside of my driver's side door and dusted off the dashboard. When I got done, I was quite proud of my handiwork and wondered silently why I didn't do it more often. I figured out why last night.

I was walking to my truck on my way to pick up a friend for dinner when I saw it. On the hood was the largest bird dropping I'd ever seen (which is what led me to my conclusion about the resurgence of the formerly extinct Pterodactyl). To make matters worse, I can't remember the last time I noticed bird crap on the truck. Sure maybe it blended in with all the dirt and grime, but I'm doubtful. I think that big-ass bird took aim at my truck because it was shiny and clean. Then this morning, I walked out and saw a similarly sized bird dropping on the windshield. Really? Really? No bird crap for months and now I get two huge bombings in two days?

Make that three in two days. I went out to the truck not too long ago and noticed a moderately large dropping running down the front passenger window. Oy. What to do? I guess I have to wash the truck again. I can't have all that unsightly Pterodactyl crap all over it, can I? I just motivated myself to wash it a week ago and now I have to do it again? That'll be a tough one. I guarantee you it won't be today. Maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not. It'll just happen again. And they don't seem to bother the dirty truck, just the clean one. Hmm... Damn Pterodactyls. Sorry guys, but I wish you'd stayed extinct.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady