I Like Beauty

Why am I woefully unable to smile at beautiful women? Especially the ones I see on a daily basis and the ones that don't give me the time of day. This, of course, may be the crux of my issue. They don't give me the time of day. Then again, maybe they don't give me the time of day because I come off as unfriendly. Ugh...

I just don't want to be that woman, that LESBIAN. Somewhere inside I think that they'll think I'm being lecherous or typical of 'my kind' if I smile or act friendly. I truly don't want anything except a smile in return and to be able to appreciate their beauty from a distance. That's it. I'm not in pursuit of sex or anything that even remotely resembles sex. I like beauty. It's honestly that easy. And that pure.

Then the thought occurs to me that no one will ever believe me because no one on Earth is that damn boring. Or that pure. Not even teenagers with their chastity rings and abstinence pledges. Alright, it's not that I'd turn down sex if it was offered by a beautiful woman. It's simply not my focus or why I enjoy beauty. I like beauty for the sake of beauty, not in the hopes that I may one day ravage it sexually.

I've got papers to write and books to read. The pursuit of sex is inconsequential and far too time consuming at this point in my life. Still, I like beauty and really wish I could smile at it every now and again. And maybe have it smile back at me. Every now and again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

And I Persist