The Moment

I stopped. Breathing. Moving. Thinking. She was beautiful. Absolutely, painfully, exquisitely beautiful. God, it hurt. How could it be? How could she do this? Be this way? Make me feel this way? Without even knowing her name or a thing about her. Spellbound. Numb. Tortured. Done. That moment. The Moment. Our eyes met, but only for a second. I looked away. A fight for breath. Breathe, dammit, breathe. I looked back. She was gone.

Would I ever recover? Did I want to? I wanted the pain of her. Wanted it. The scar. The beauty. I didn't need her name or her birth date. Just the dull ache of her beauty. I knew I could look forever and never find her, but every breath, every painful searching breath, would remind me. Exquistely. Painfully. Absolutely. And I would never be the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady