The Happy Hour Margarita

Six years of coming here and I'd never had a margarita. Until now. I moved away and found a tolerance for tequila and Everclear margaritas. Today I'm back and having my first Zapata happy hour margarita.

The bill will fool you. The price is the same; it's just double the size. The week before we figured that out my best friend drank three, got a hangover, and I almost got kissed. From that day on, there was a limit. One. Ok, maybe two. And I did end up getting kissed eventually (she had two that night).

It was then that I decided that I loved a Zapata happy hour margarita. I'd never drank one (I was strictly Bacardi and Diet or just Diet in those days), but I sure did enjoy them. Not only have I been almost kissed and kissed (by more than a couple straight girls), I've had my boobs grabbed and been yelled at for not grabbing back. I've also been the photographer when a friend decided to flash the camera and been told I have a super power (to make women fall for me....which has always explained why I'm single....Not). I've enjoyed laughter, tears, great conversation, and a couple post happy hour trips to the Red Bird House.

And I've written blog after blog because of them. Get a few happy hour margaritas in people and they tend to get amusing and inspiring. With just my Bacardi an Diet, I was well within my right mind and well positioned to observe and make mental notes.

In the day I kind of wanted to be like everyone else. 'I'll have a margarita no salt'. Quick and cool. Yet, I've seldom been able to be like everyone else. The inability to drink margaritas was no different than a zillion other facets of my life. I was resigned to enjoying them from afar.

Until I discovered that I could drink margaritas. I've had my share of late and all without major incident. Sure, I've sent a few drunk texts here and there, but all in all I've done well. Of course, I usually have a pretty girl close by. Ok, let me look.... Nope. No pretty girls in sight. Holy Hell! Not only is this my first Zapata happy hour margarita, but it's my first margarita without a pretty girl.

Wow. Oh no. Thankfully, I'm only having the one. And truly the only thing that could tempt me into one more would be a pretty girl. I think I'm angled to break even on this deal. I hope anyway. I still have about a third of my drink to go. Let's hope I'm able to keep my wits about me. For the first time ever, I parked in the actual parking lot (seems my old usual place isn't a parking place anymore). Let's hope I can find my car.

I am enjoying the margarita. I can see why they are so popular. The only thing that might make it better would be a pretty girl. What doesn't a pretty girl make better?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady