Beauty, Blue, And a Blind Curve

I liked today. In fact, I've liked the last several days. Hmm... Let me count. Alright, I've liked the last week. The entire last week. Granted a week isn't a very long time, but I refuse to let that fact diminish my liking of it.


A blind curve. I'd wanted one for so long - a change, a super cool, amazingly positive change - but I'd given up waiting for it. I drudged through work, school, writing, and tennis without ever knowing that in one moment, one teeny-tiny moment that nearly didn't happen, my life was going to change. It's nothing I wished for or imagined I could possibly want. Yet.... Suddenly, I found myself drowning in an unexpected and inescapable beauty. And blue. Yes, blue. A haunting, distracting, perfect blue that seemed hell-bent on reaching into my soul.

I tried to look away. I did. But found I couldn't. I just couldn't. Beauty and blue. My downfall. And my fear.

First instinct - Stay. Second instinct - Run. Decision - Head First Fearless.

Dive in. Stare it down. Reach into its soul.

That's why I liked today. And the entire last week. Tomorrow? I'm hopeful I'll like it, too. And next week, if I'm lucky. Regardless, I'm here now and liking it - Beauty, blue, and a blind curve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

And I Persist