It Wasn't Just Wishful Thinking

I almost jumped for joy. Almost. It would have been completely inappropriate and hard to explain. Was I jumping to celebrate being right or to celebrate the 'truth'? Assuredly the answer was 'both', but I never would have admitted to that. Not openly. Not yet anyway. And probably not in the near future. Suffice it to say that progress was made today. My intuition was vindicated, even though I'd long since chalked it up to wishful thinking and held out little hope that I would ever be proven right.

For tonight, though, I'm happy. Will I take action based on what I know? Hardly. When have I ever? It's just not something I do. And really, what action am I supposed to take? Cross a line? Make a grand pronouncement? Not a chance. Of course, they say you can't get something from nothing (In fact, I said this to a friend just today). However, in this and similar cases, inaction is probably the most prudent choice. I'm not saying forever, but definitely for right now - today, tonight, and most likely for the next several weeks and months, maybe even years.

There's no need to cry for me and yet another mis-timed opportunity. Knowing what I know is good enough for me, always has been. The way I see it, at some point down the road, there's a chance, perhaps a small, nearly infinitesmal remotely remote chance, but a chance nonetheless. 'Been there, done that' is a helluva lot better than 'never been and don't plan to'. You'll have to trust me on this one.

And let's not forget one amazing fact - I was right. RIGHT. It wasn't just wishful thinking. Somehow, some way, I knew. Even though it's happened many times before, I'm always amazed at the power of my intuition. It may not mean I get the girl (it seldom has) but it does mean I get to be right. Small consolation perhaps, but I'll take it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady