Ropin' IT

I need a new IT Girl. It's been a minute. The last one faded awhile ago and I never replaced her. I've crushed on a few and liked a few others recently, but not to the IT Girl extreme. Suffice it to say - not everyone can be an IT Girl.

What is an IT Girl? Hell if I know. All I know is that I know when I know. That may sound weak and evasive, but it's all I've got. She is. Is what? Everything. Perfectly imperfect. Unique. And with an energy that speaks to mine. She just is.

She's probably fitter than not and spiritual. She's either shorter than me or just slightly taller. She might be blond, but then again she might not be. She's funny, smart, and independent. Or she may be none of that. There's just no telling.

The fact is there are no facts. I'll know her when I see her. I knew the last one immediately. That one was a lesbian, but she didn't need to be. Most of the others have been straight. Straight means that they go from IT Girl to Rodeo. Either way is fine with me.

Honestly, at this point, I'd settle for a good old fashioned Rodeo. I'm not in it to win it. I just need something (someone) to help with the boredom and a Rodeo would do the trick as easily as a new IT Girl. Yes, a semi-mutual crush on a straight girl that will never go anywhere sounds perfect. Absolutely perfect.

I'm in a year-long state of flux - essentially 'do I stay in Austin or do I go?' - and I really don't want to be tempted by anything that could potentially have any sort of permanence. God help me if an IT Girl fell for me. I'd be tied down. I don't want ties. I want freedom - the freedom to decide my future without worrying about anyone's feelings except my own.

So, at this point, a year from making my next major life decision I need something fairly casual. All I want is someone to occupy my mind and give me something to look forward to. An IT Girl who never becomes anything or Rodeo who does would be perfect. I'd say 'both' but I'm not that greedy. Or that lucky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady