A Winning Top Ten List

I wrote what follows awhile back. Maybe a month ago, maybe more. I can't recall exactly. Regardless the lessons still apply and I suspect that they will for quite some time. Perhaps they are universals, perhaps they only apply to me. In the long and somewhat on-and-off history of my blog, I've posted things I assumed would make sense only to me, but time and time again I learned that my words often resonate with others. And funny, I'm always surprised and awestruck.

As I've often done, I squeezed my many thoughts into a bullet-pointed list of ten. I assigned them numbers, but as always the numbers are of little consequence. Perhaps they are merely an homage to David Letterman. Top Ten lists seemed to work well for him.

All are equally important to me, but if even one says something important to just one reader, I will call it a success.


1. Cheap doesn't explain the kind of drunk I am these days.

2. Being awake in life is more important than anything.

3. Winning today is all that matters.

4. I need to trust my intuition. Always.

5. There are scarier things than a blank page/blank screen. Just write something.

6. Practice fearlessness and belief just as you would any other skill.

7. Even when you think you have time, you don't. Get to the ball and hit it. Get to life and live it. Same thing.

8. Have passion.

9. Rise even when you don't feel like it.

10. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.


{To the reader who took the time to write to me and ask why I hadn't been posting, I thank you. I needed the push.}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady