Excuses, Excuses

I used to write all the time. I posted to the blog nearly every day, some time several times a day. I wrote about everything in my life. Seriously everything. Some might say I wrote about too much. Topics appeared out of nowhere and the words followed. Hell, I used to even capitalize The Words. I wouldn't dare to presuppose anything so grandiose at this point. It's not that I don't have them. I do. Many are fictional which presents other issues. Blogging is easy. Fiction isn't. Well, it can be. After proper time and thought. And so I guess we have arrived at Excuse #1.

Excuse #1  - I'm too busy hanging out with my fictional characters  to just write. Blogging and miscellaneous writing doesn't advance my stories. And it's my stories that will eventually get me where I want to go.

While we're on a roll, let's just get on with the excuses.

Excuse #2 - I now have high maintenance dogs and no backyard to toss theme, in when they get annoying. When I used to write all the time, my dogs were middle age and as such not all that demanding. Now I feel like I constantly have a dog in my face.

Excuse #3 - My computer sucks. I often feel like I'm on dial-up. When I'm using Word. That's why I'm trying something new tonight. I'm on my old ASUS tablet with the keyboard attached. I'm borderline annoyed because the touch pad (ie mouse) is extremely sensitive which causes the cursor to jump mid sentence. So if a word or phrase doesn't make sense, my apologies.

Excuse #4 - I watch too many "Castle" re-runs. I used to never watch TV. For many of my most verbose writing years, I didn't even have cable.

Which brings us to

Excuse #5 - Tennis Channel. Yes, I have super max cable just so I can have Tennis Channel. Could I multitask and write while I watch? Sure. That's partly why I dug the tablet and its annoying keyboard out of storage.

Excuse #6 - I'm lazy. Which is probably less an excuse than a reason. My goal is to be less lazy and try to write something everyday. We'll see how that goes. That doesn't mean that I'm going to post everyday - some days I'll spend on fiction and I don't tend to post that stuff - but it does mean you should be seeing more of me in the near future.

I hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady