Light of Day

And just like that, the soul cracks and in comes the bright light of day. For a jumbled moment, past becomes present becomes future becomes surreal becomes something I don't want to think about. Long ago, for days upon days and months upon months, that something was all there was. Each breath brought another thought, another sadness. Then one fine, mysterious day, there was silence, peace, and a welcome darkness. Life went on and my soul healed.

Then with one sentence, I was shaken, roused from a deep sleep. A nightmare maybe? A dream come true? No, just one of those weird dreams that you can't quite remember and can't quite forget. Like the time I woke up with Jodie Foster's cat. Or the time a UFO sucked me out of the cockpit of an F-14. It can't be happening. Yes, it can. No, really, it can't.

No, really, it can. And can't. All at the same time.

Seal the crack, welcome the darkness, shut out the surreal light of day. Remember to forget or forget to remember. Both work equally well. At least in this case. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady