Enough Words

Silence. Today it's been my friend. I don't know what to think much less what to say. I'm done for now and just want to be insulated. I don't want to explain or have it explained to me. More than anything, I guess, I don't want to hear it. It? Yeah, it. I don't what 'it' is but I know for a fact that I don't want to know anything about it.

Truthfully, I needed today to be about nothing. Not reality, not surreality, not the past, present, or future. I knew the only thing I could tolerate today would be silence, a deep, dark, still silence. I needed a day in between, a day for me, a day away.

In a few hours, today will end and I'll fall into what I hope is a dreamless, quiet sleep. Right now, I'm wishing for another silent day tomorrow. I don't think I'll get it.

Sooner or later, I'll have to re-enter the world and re-join the noise. I'll have to hear about it, whatever 'it' is. I'll have to face the past, the present, and the future.

For now, though, I'm going back to silence. Enough words. Enough words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady