DIsclaimer and Rules

As many of you may not know, I'm working on a novel for my novella writing class at St. Edwards University. Our goal is to write 4,000 words/week for 10 weeks (40,000 words total). During that time, we aren't supposed to re-read, edit, or re-write even the smallest phrase or paragraph. Our entire focus is to be on writing, writing, and more writing. We are to shelve the self-critic within in order to free ourselves to write without judgment. Bottom line - I am allowed to write and I'm allowed to suck. I think I can manage.

Because this adventure is going to take up most of my writing time and don't want my blog to go completely untouched for the next few months, I've decided to post my weekly progress. That said, there are a couple rules I hope my readers/followers will abide by -

1. Please save all criticism until the end. By 'end' I mean after I write 'The End', approximately 40,000 words from now. Remember it's allowed to suck at this point. And I promise you, it probably will.

2. I know I need to run the spell checker. See Rule #1.

3. Cheering on is good. I'm going to need all the support I can get.

4. Read the posts in order. They will be titled with the word count. For example, today's post will be '1-4,500'. If you miss a post, catch up before reading the next. Please don't jump into the middle and expect to understand where we've been and where we're going.

5. All characters are originals or at the very least amalgams of a variety of people. If you recognize yourself or anyone you know, be flattered and not pissed off. P.S. The mother in the story is NOT based on my mom so please don't go there (That goes for you too, Mom).


Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. I think it's going to be a fun 10 weeks.

~ Stacee Ann Harris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady