Wake Me Up

'Wake me up when it's all over.' When my tears have dried and my soul has found it's way.

Right now though I'm not sleeping. Going on two days. I wish I could. I wish I could close my eyes to this nightmare and fall asleep.

I wish many things. Above all, I wish I'd been right - that we loved each other enough to love each other through anything; that we were different; that we would survive; that we would do the work; that we would never break up.

As jaded as I've been, that's as honest as it can be. I truly believed. Sounds pretty stupid and sunshiny optimistic, doesn't it? I believed in love - our love. Hers. Mine. Ours.

And it was beautiful. We were beautiful. She more than me, but yes...beautiful.

Now I long for darkness. Escape. Home. Sleep.

Not just any sleep. Sleep with my hand touching hers. Sleep knowing that when I wake, she'll be there next to me.

It, she, us, though, are no more.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Biggest Fan

Be That Person

A Little Unsteady